Manager - Business Development
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will oversee and lead the activities of Sales and Business Development. The incumbent will pro-actively explore new ways of reaching out to new businesses and creating new products to meet the dynamic needs of Inspire Management Training Academy’s current and potential clients.
· Hires and trains regional and local Business Development Executives and Sales support staff.
· Organizes and oversees the schedules, and performance of regional and local sales managers.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Provides leadership to the BD & Sales team.
· Motivates and encourages the team to ensure quotas and targets are met.
· Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
· Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
· Assigns priorities and sets quotas for sales teams.
· Develops quotes and proposals for clients.
· Develops goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
· Works closely with assigned partner to define the top business development priorities objectives & to establish rock-solid measurement system for all major business development efforts.
· Analyses CRM reports and designs timely strategies to boost business.
· Provides trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
· Leads the negotiations and draw in resources from within the company to close the deal.
· Builds the brand of the company in the industry, vendor, and customer community.
· Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
· Follows up with the customers to determine the degree to which the trainings/ services have met their needs. (These calls can also include asking for suggestions for improvement.)
· Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
· Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
· Prepares budget; monitors and approves expenses.
· Acts as company representative at trade association meetings, conferences, and BD events.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with Virtual meeting tools like Zoom, MS office etc.,
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or similar field, OR
· Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
· At least three years of sales experience required.
· Experience in selling training programs, learning content and LMS required.
· Working knowledge of LMS/ LXPs and business consulting will be an added advantage.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to travel whenever required.